The Arc Wisconsin Academy is an exciting online learning opportunity that can help people with disabilities increase their leadership skills, improve their well-being, and learn to speak up for themselves and others. Built upon the principle of self-determination, courses are designed by experts in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and delivered right alongside self-advocate trainers. Content has been specifically designed for effective online learning for self-advocates in Wisconsin.
The Arc Wisconsin is an approved provider of Participant Education in the adult long-term care system (IRIS and Family Care). Make sure to contact your care manager or IRIS consultant about how to include this course in your plan.
The Arc Wisconsin Academy Courses launch in October 2020. See below or share this Course Outline.
Here is a flyer about the course opportunity to share with self-advocates.
Classes starting in October 2020
Self-Advocacy Leadership in Action
This series will help you learn how to make good choices, stand up for yourself, and be more independent.
- Lesson 1: Understanding Disability History and Learning Self-Advocacy Skills
- Lesson 2: Knowing What You Want For Your Future
- Lesson 3: Learning to Take Safe Risks
- Lesson 4: Accepting Help From Other People
- Lesson 5: Speaking Up For Yourself
- Lesson 6: Being Proud of Who You Are and Teaching Others
- Lesson 7: Knowing Your Policymakers
Tuition payment is due by October 1, 2020
Classes starting in April 2021
Adults with disabilities are three times more likely than people without disabilities to experience heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and cancer. HealthMatters™ is an evidence-based class for people with disabilities that will help you increase get control over your health and learn to make healthier choices.
- Lesson 1: What Does It Mean to Be Healthy?
- Lesson 2: Step Into Exercise
- Lesson 3: The Fab Five
- Lesson 4: How Much Food Is Too Much?
- Lesson 5: Benefits Healthy Eating Has on Our Bodies
- Lesson 6: Healthy Lifestyle Review
Tuition payment is due by April 1, 2021
HOW TO REGISTER
Tuition is only $475 if registering for both classes.
To start the registration process, please indicate your planned payment method: