Did you know that while disability issues impact tens of thousands of Wisconsinites, our elected officials are rarely asked about these issues and often know very little about how people with disabilities or their families live? August is the time for action! Join us for the July Policy Insiders discussion on July 18! (Subscription required.)
* Learn why August may be the best time to make progress on disability issues
* Get an update on the latest from Capitol Hill
* Learn what to say and who to say it to!
* Hear the latest on key decisions being made by Wisconsin Congressional representatives
* Be the first to learn about key resources that will help you be effective in August
Hear from Senior Director of Public Policy Nicole Jorwic about key Community Living issues and August Recess discussions.
This month we will also be joined by The Arc’s Director of Advocacy and Mobilization, Claire Manning, giving us the latest tips on how to have an effective meeting with your Congressional rep, including helpful new fact sheets and sample questions you can ask in a town hall or other public forum.